Require stronger passwords
By default, Shopify only requires customers to create a 5 digit password. Using Customer Fields, you can require your customers to create a stronger password.
Here's how to set this up in the app admin:
- Launch the app's form builder from the Forms page by clicking the "Edit" button for the form you wish to make changes to.
- Click on the "Password" field to view the field's options.
- On the 'Details' tab, scroll down to the bottom and you'll find a 'Validation' section.
- Click the 'Add validation rule' button
- Select "Must match regular expression"
- You can technically use any regular expression (aka "regex") you desire, but to save you some time we've included a regex template below. This particular regex will force customers to use a password that has at least 8 characters, and must include one upper case letter, one lower case letter, and one numeric digit:
Must be at least 8 characters and include one upper case letter, one lower case letter, and one numeric digit.