Custom code for Legacy
Please be aware of the following when migrating:
1) The app’s legacy snippet and assets in a store's theme will no longer be used since the app now relies on Shopfiy's theme app extensions for installation on the storefront. This means that any customizations made to
snippets/customer-fields.liquid will be lost.
2) You may have to manually update your store's theme code if the app’s legacy fields were manually installed in a custom or unique location.
Learn more about manually installing a form here: Install a form via shortcode
3) The Liquid syntax for displaying metafield data on the storefront and emails has changed twice in the last couple of years. This may require you to update code to accommodate for the new syntax.
Learn more about metafields here: Metafield data in Liquid
5) The new form builder allows you to create conditional rules and special field validations directly in the app - all without having to use custom code!
6) The markup for the app's form fields has changed dramatically, so any custom styling may need to be manually updated. In addition, form styles can now be added directly into the app's form builder using a built-in CSS editor.
Learn more about custom CSS and form styling here: Form styling