The app's built-in migration tool is designed to create a new form using the new form builder. During the migration, the app will automatically copy over all of the legacy fields (and their settings) from the old version. It will also create a form 'rule' for any legacy fields that have the "Hide on registration" setting enabled.
If you have made any app-related customizations, then there is a chance that they will be lost when migrating, and the customizations may need to be re-configured. It's imperative that you make a backup of the store's theme before migrating or creating a new form, just in case you need to roll back your code to the old version.
Please be aware of the following when migrating:
- The app’s snippet file will be replaced with a newer version. This means that any changes made to
snippets/customer-fields.liquidwill be overwritten.
- You may have to update theme code if the app’s old form was manually installed in a custom location. Learn more about how the new form installer works here: Liquid install details
- The liquid syntax for displaying metafield data on the storefront has changed. Read more here: Metafields data
- The new form builder allows you to create conditional rules and special field validations directly in the app - all without having to use custom JS. Learn more about the new rules feature here: Form rules. Learn more about field validation here: Field validation
- The markup for the app's form fields has changed dramatically, so any custom styling may need to be manually updated. In addition, form styles can now be added directly to the app's form builder. Read more about form styling here: Form styling
- The 'Auto-tag' setting for
Provincefields has been removed. If you need to tag customers by their country or province, you can do so by creating form rules. Learn more here: Tag customers by region
Have questions or concerns?
Please reach out to our support team via chat or email and we'll be happy to assist!