You can install a Customer Fields form on any theme in your store using the app's built-in installation tool. No coding needed!
There's 4 basic steps to install a form on a theme:
1. Use the 'Theme' dropdown to select which theme you'd like to use for the install:
Note: If you're installing a form for the first time, we recommend using a duplicate of your store's live theme. The theme you select for the install can be changed at any time, so you can move the form between themes whenever you'd like.
2. Select your desired 'Install location(s)':
Pro tip: Using both the 'Registration page' & 'Edit account page' for a form install is the most common setup we see, but you've got some powerful other options as well! For example, you can install a form on a 'Separate page' (good for segmenting customers), or 'Other location' (good for custom setups where you just want to copy/paste some code into a liquid file to embed a form).
3. Review the notes about the changes made to your theme:
Note: The 'theme changes' are just messages that are meant to help you keep track of the changes that are being made to the files in your theme. If you are interested in learning more about the specific changes the app makes to your store's theme code, you can find all the details in this help article.
4. Click the 'Install' button and let the app take care of the rest!
That's it, nice work 🙌
Things to keep in mind
- The installation settings are unique and individual to each form, so you'll need to repeat these steps for each form you wish to install on your storefront.
- Once the form is installed, any changes made to your form are automatically pushed to the theme once you save the form.
- If you switch your store's theme, then you will need to update the 'theme' setting for the form so it uses the new theme.
➡️ Notice for new Shopify stores
Shopify disables customer accounts for new stores by default, yet customer accounts must be enabled in order to properly use the features in our Customer Fields app. If you haven't already done so, you can follow the steps below to enable customer accounts for your store:
- Login to your Shopify admin
- Go to Settings > Checkout
- In the Customer account section, choose either
Accounts are optionalor
Accounts are required, and then make sure to save your changes