You can install a Customer Fields form on any theme in your store using the app's Installation tool. No coding needed!
There's 4 basic steps to install a form on a theme:
- Use the dropdown to select which theme you'd like to use for the install. If you're installing a form for the first time, we recommend using a duplicate of your store's live theme.
- Choose your desired Install location(s). The Registration page + Edit account page is the most common setup we see, but you've got some powerful other options as well! For example, you can install a form on a separate page (good for segmenting customers), or another location (good for custom setups where you just want to copy/paste some code to embed a form).
- Review the notes about the changes made to your theme. No need to worry - these are just simple change logs. If you are interested in learning more about the specific changes the app makes to your store's theme code, you can find all the details in this help article.
- Click the Install button and let the app take care of the rest! (Note: this button may say "Update theme" if the form has already been installed).
Things to note
- Keep in mind that installation settings are unique and individual to each form, so you'll need to repeat these steps for each form you wish to install on your storefront.
➡️ Pro tip for new Shopify stores
Shopify disables customer accounts for new stores by default, yet customer accounts must be enabled in order to properly use the features in our Customer Fields app. If you haven't already done so, you can follow the steps below to enable customer accounts for your store:
- Login to your Shopify admin
- Go to Settings > Checkout
- In the Customer account section, choose either
Accounts are optionalor
Accounts are required, and then make sure to save your changes