You can install a Customer Fields form on any theme in your store using the app's built-in installation tool. No coding needed!
Four steps to install a form on a theme
Use the 'Theme' dropdown to select which theme you'd like to use for the install:
Pro-tip: If you're installing a form for the first time, we recommend using a duplicate of your store's live theme. The theme you select for the install can be changed at any time, so you can move a form between themes (or install a form on multiple themes) whenever you'd like 👍
Select your desired 'Install location(s)':
Pro tip: Using both the 'Registration page' & 'Edit account page' options when installing is the most common setup we see, but you've got some powerful other options as well! For example, you can install a form on a 'Separate page' (great for segmenting customers), or 'Other location' (perfect for custom setups where you just want to copy/paste some code into a Liquid file to embed a form).
Review the notes about the changes that will be made to your theme:
Note: The 'Theme changes' are just messages that are meant to help you keep track of the changes that are being made to the files in your store's theme. If you are interested in learning more about the specific changes the app makes to theme code you can find additional details in this help article.
Click the 'Install' button and let the app take care of the rest!
That's all that is needed to install a form via Customer Fields 🙌
Things to keep in mind
- The installation settings are unique and individual to each form, so you'll need to repeat these steps for each form you wish to install on your storefront.
- Once the form is installed, any changes made to your form are automatically pushed to the selected theme once you save the form.
- If you switch your store's theme, then you will need to update the 'Theme' setting for the form so it uses the new theme.
➡️ Notice for new Shopify stores
Shopify disables customer accounts for new stores by default, yet customer accounts must be enabled in order to properly use the features in our Customer Fields app. If you haven't already done so, you can follow the steps below to enable customer accounts for your store:
- Login to your Shopify admin
- Go to Settings > Checkout
- In the Customer account section, choose either 'Accounts are optional' or 'Accounts are required', and then make sure to save your changes