Changes are not being reflected when saving
First, double check and make sure that you’re viewing the same theme that Meteor has been set to use.
There's two ways to view and change the theme that Meteor is using:
- Use the ‘Theme:’ dropdown that shows in the top bar of the app admin
- Use the 'Change themes' page in the app admin: https://meteor.heliumdev.com/themes/change
Second, make sure that you clicked the 'Save' or 'Confirm' button after making your changes.
Third, make sure that the mega menu you're editing is published in the app.
Certain mega menus are not displaying when hovering/tapping on the attached link/button
First, check that you are viewing the correct theme that the app is using. Clicking the ‘Preview’ button is always a good way to open up the correct theme in a new browser tab.
Second, there may be an issue with how the menus are being attached to the button/link. In some cases, you may need to use the ‘Manual attachment’ setting (found in the Menu Placement section of the app admin) to assign your menu to the correct button or link. You can read more about manual attachment in the Developer Documentation section of our help center.
Mega menu styles look different in the in-app preview compared to the storefront
The app's mega menus are designed to inherit the font styling from your store's theme. The fonts shown in the app are just an example.
That being said, there may be cases where the theme or another app will overwrite the app’s styling for the mega menus. Please contact us if you’re having this issue and we’ll be happy to step in and address the problem using some custom CSS 😎
Mega menus are too far away or too close to navigation buttons
You may need to adjust the vertical offset (positioning) of your mega menus.
Follow the steps below to adjust the vertical offset:
- Open the app admin and click the three dots from the top in the right-hand corner to open up the settings menu. Select Settings > General.
- Once on the Settings page, you can adjust the Vertical Offset settings for either Desktop or Mobile. Positive pixels values will move the mega menus down, and negative pixels values will move the mega menus up.
Mega menus for desktop or mobile are not displaying properly
The app's mobile breakpoint may need to be adjusted. To edit these settings, follow the steps below:
- Open the app admin and click the three dots showing at the top in the right-hand corner. Select Settings > General.
- Once on the Settings page, you can adjust the app's Mobile breakpoint setting. By default the field is empty because the app will automatically detect the theme’s mobile breakpoint. However this setting may need to be adjusted depending on your theme’s unique markup/layout.
The theme's native menus are still showing
The app is designed to automatically hide the theme's native dropdown menus for any link that has a mega menu attached. The end result is that the theme's dropdown menu is hidden, and the app's mega menu is shown instead.
There are some cases where the app is unable to hide the theme's native dropdown menus. When this happens, some extra CSS may need to be added to forcefully hide the theme's menus.
You are welcome to hide the menus on your own using the app's CSS editor or you can contact our support team and we'll be happy to make the changes on your behalf 👍
Mega menus are hiding behind other content
The z-index for the mega menus may need to be adjusted. To edit these settings, follow the steps below:
- Open the app admin and click the three dots showing at the top in the right-hand corner. Select Settings > Advanced.
- Once on the Advanced settings page, you can adjust the Menu Layering (z-index) setting. You can make the value higher to see if this solves the layering issue. Sometimes, the store’s theme sets this layering on the navigation itself, which may require an edit to the theme’s code. Just let us know if this is an issue for your theme and we’ll be happy to take a look!
None of the app's mega menus are displaying on the storefront
- Make sure that Meteor is installed on the correct theme
- Make sure at least one mega menu is published
- Make sure that Meteor's code is running on the theme
- Make sure that the mega menus are being attached to the proper links on desktop and mobile